2018 APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. SEE Y’ALL IN 2019!!!
FIRST OF ALL, WE ARE ECSTATIC YOU HAVE CHOSEN bringit4cec AS A POTENTIAL CONTRIBUTOR TOWARDS YOUR EDUCATION.
Students are eligible to be considered for a Bring It scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
– Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
– Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED at White County High School, North Hall High School or Chestatee High School.
NOTE for Gainesville High School and all other Hall County High School Students: The initial funding goal was set for WCHS and NHHS, and within a year we exceeded that goal and were able to add one eligible school (Chestatee). As the program continues to expand, we will open the application process to additional area schools. The ultimate goal is to reach the region, the state, and eventually the nation! The more money that we generate through our fundraisers, the more opportunities you will have to receive a portion of the scholarship.
– Are an active cheerleader your Senior year, regardless of sport (sideline, basketball, competition, etc.)
– Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2016 or later as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
– Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities. A minimum documented 40 hours of community service is REQUIRED.
– Have completed and submitted the required application.
Note: Students should not submit a FAFSA with the Bring It application. BringIt, Inc. does not have a school code that a student can use on their FAFSA. If a student is selected as a finalist, BringIt will request that he/she send a copy of his/her Student Aid Report (SAR) to the Bring It office. We recommend students set a target date of no later than February 14 of your filing year to submit the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
How will scholarships be awarded, and how will I know if I am awarded a scholarship?
– Scholarship applications will initially be reviewed for completeness by the bringit4cec team. Once an application has been deemed as satisfactorily completed (all three forms need to be approved), applicants will be reviewed based on information obtained from the application, and rated on a scale of 1 to 5. Those with a score of 5, who have demonstrated extensive community service and academic achievement will be awarded scholarship funds in the amount of $3,000. In the event that there are more than 2 applicants (more than one from each school) with a score of 5, applicants will be notified by direct mail and email that a “tie-breaker” will occur. The tie-breaker will consist of an essay describing why the applicant is most deserving of the scholarship. Those essays will then be graded by a volunteer retired educator, and those 5 highest graded essays will be awarded $3,000 scholarships.
– The remaining applicants will be awarded the remainder of the distribution based on the same criteria above. The “tie-breaker” process will remain the same.
– Once you have been awarded any portion of the distribution, you will be notified by email and direct mail. Your direct mail letter will contain a congratulatory letter, a “bringit4cec” emergency vehicle escape device, and a #bringit4cec window sticker.